Critical Thinking & Unconventional Solutions
Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.
– Andre Geim
What I do
I am your contact person during the early stages of a project as an independent consultant through Green Roof Diagnostics.
I also offer workshops and courses for the tools available from Green Roof Diagnostics. Contact me for SEO consulting for green business.
My mission is to teach and communicate around the research produced by Green Roof Diagnostics; to help push projects forward using reliable data. I am an independent consultant and I will always let science have the last say.
My vision is a flourishing green industry sector that bases its claims on robust data and reliable science; an industry that relies on all three pillars of sustainability: economy, society, ecology, and helps building a truly resilient and sustainable future.
- OWNER, ANNA’S IMAGINARIUM GMBH & CO. KG.
Green Roof Consulting. Science communication using art as a language under the brand: Doctor Anna’s Imaginarium.
A Man Hanged (opera) with Joa Helgesson
Collaborations with Opera Beast
- VICE PRESIDENT OF EUROPEAN AFFAIRS, GREEN ROOF DIAGNOSTICS
Green roof research for future sustainable cities.
- Science & Kink (an app is released in March 2021):
100,000 followers over social media (current).
- Consulting for the green roof industry.
Example clients: Arcadis, Fraunhofer Venture, Purple-Roof, and Sempergreen USA (current).
- 2015 – 2018
VP OF CONTENT MARKETING, ZAGENO
- 2014 – 2015
SCIENTIFIC COLLABORATOR, CHARITÉ UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
- 2014 – 2015
GUEST RESEARCHER, LEIBNIZ INSTITUTE FOR INLAND FISHERIES
- 2015. PH.D. & PH.L., STOCKHOLM UNIVERSITY
Marine ecology with focus on nutrient cycles, and microbiology.
- 2005. DIPL. BIOL., MAX-PLANCK INSTITUTE FOR PLANT BREEDING RESEARCH
The genetics of circadian rhythms in plants.
- 2005. MA (CANTAB.), CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY
- 2004. BA CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY
- Creative scientist.
- Long experience working with cross-topic teams.
- SEO/marketing expert.
- Sargasso Eel Expedition (2014), R/V Dana, DTU Aqua, Denmark – two months research trip across the Atlantic Ocean.
- Aldebaran (2013) – Plastic in Rivers and the Marine Realm – Public outreach and research expedition with focus on microplastic.
- M/S Fyrbyggaren, R/V Aurelia (2007-2011) – over 30 Baltic Sea expeditions.
- Ecuador NW Butterfly Expedition (2002)
- ASLO Travel Award (2015)
- Sainsbury Studentship in Plant Sciences (Gatsby) – academic excellence
- Nuffield Foundation Undergraduate Bursary (2003) – academic excellence
- Cambridge European Trust (2001) – academic excellence
- Harris Science and Engineering Bursary 2001, 2002, and 2003.
- George Bidder Grant 2002, 2003 – Collegiate award.
- Roll Award 2003
- Deutschen Vereinigung für Wasserwirtschaft, Abwasser und Abfall (DWA)
- Bundesverband GebäudeGrün eV (BuGG)
- Grün Statt Grau
- European Ecological Federation
- American Association for Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO)
- Fellow of the Cambridge European Society
- Green Stormater Management (2021). Whitepaper [Green Roof Diagnostics & Katja Herbst Engineering]. The paper can be acquired upon request.
- Zakrisson, A., & Kronfoth, C. (2017). Tools in science. Acta Physiologica, 220(1), 3-6.
- Persson P.B. & Zakrisson, A. (2016). Stress. Acta Physiologica, 216(2), 149-152.
- Persson, P. B., & Zakrisson, A. (2015). Dietary supplements: health from the ocean?. Acta Physiologica, 215(3), 119-122.
- Zakrisson, A. (2015). Did you know that your cravings might be microbes controlling your mind?. Acta Physiologica, 215(4), 165-166.
- Zakrisson, A. (2015). External Growth Control of Baltic Sea Cyanobacteria (Doctoral dissertation, Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences, Stockholm University).
- Zakrisson, A., & Larsson, U. (2014). Regulation of heterocyst frequency in Baltic Sea Aphanizomenon sp. Journal of plankton research, 36(5), 1357-1367.
- Zakrisson, A., Larsson, U., & Höglander, H. (2014). Do Baltic Sea diazotrophic cyanobacteria take up combined nitrogen in situ?. Journal of plankton research, 36(5), 1368-1380.
- Davenport, R., James, R. A., Zakrisson-Plogander, A., Tester, M., & Munns, R. (2005). Control of sodium transport in durum wheat. Plant Physiology, 137(3), 807-818.